What is a Fire Code permit?
- City of Albany authorization to conduct certain operations or to store and/or handle hazardous materials.
- A tool for communicating important information to responding firefighters.
- Your opportunity to become compliant with fire safety requirements.
To obtain a permit:
- Make application with the Office of the State Fire Marshal or DEQ if required.
- Make application with the City of Albany Fire Department.
- Provide required activity/hazard information.
- Pay appropriate City of Albany Fire Code permit fee.
(Please allow five (5) business days for processing)
- Comply with all Fire Code requirements.
- Schedule/receive compliance fire inspection(s).
- Submit documentation for tank decommissioning.
What requires a Fire Code permit in Albany?
Fire Code permits issued in the City of Albany are a one-time occurrence for: