Skip to main content


Seven Records Clerks:

  • Process police reports and records.
  • Provide a variety of police-related information to the public and governmental agencies.
  • Receive incoming business calls, determine the nature and urgency of the calls, and route calls according to guidelines.
  • Receive requests from officers for records information.
  • Compose a variety of correspondence, reports, and other materials.
  • Serve as cashiers at the front counter.
  • Maintain records of and schedule maintenance for the police vehicle fleet.
  • Manage the burglary alarm permit system for business and residential alarms.
  • Release nuisance tow vehicles.

Property and Evidence

Two Property and Evidence Specialists:

  • Store evidence and maintain a legal "chain of custody" on all items.
  • Release property to the public when it is no longer required for evidence.
  • Store and control all "lost and found" items.
  • Organize public auctions of unclaimed property.
  • Dispose of property and/or evidence.

Unclaimed Property


The Albany Police Department has in its physical possession various unclaimed personal property including various bicycles, vehicle accessories, stereo equipment, electronics, jewelry, cash, firearms, and other miscellaneous items. 

If you have any ownership interest in any unclaimed property, you must file a claim with the Albany Police Department in a timely manner, or you will lose your interest in the property.

To file a claim, or for further information, call 541-917-7685.


peaslee m

Mike Peaslee
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Popular topics:

Records Request Form

Records requests can be emailed using the Records Request Form.

Can I get a Background Check?

The Albany Police Department will provide a computer generated background check for people requesting one for themselves. The information will only show contacts that they have had with the Albany Police Department.

The Oregon State Police Bureau of Criminal Identification in Salem will do a more extensive background check by calling 503-378-3070.

Where do you find traffic accident report forms and the requirements for filing the report?

The Albany Police Department, Department of Motor Vehicles, and the State Police.

Where do you get restraining order information?

Albany Police Department, or the Linn County Sheriff, Civil Division, at the Linn County Courthouse.

Do I have a warrant?

This information won't be given out over the phone. You must come to the Police Department and ask in person.

Scheduling the release of property

Scheduling the release of property may be done by making an appointment by calling 541-917-7685.

If leaving a message, please provide your full name, phone number, and an Albany Police Incident number if available, to assist staff in providing the best customer service.

calea goldstandard

The Albany Police Department employs 66 sworn officers and 35 civilian staff who carry on a rich tradition of professional public safety service.

Community partnerships are integral to our success in maintaining the public safety in Albany. In order to accomplish our mission of "Excellence Through Service," we encourage community involvement and input. By working together, we will continue to create and maintain the quality of life we expect for all who live in and visit Albany, Oregon.

Albany Police Department

 Contact us

 911 Emergency

 541-917-7680 Non-emergency

 2600 Pacific Boulevard SW
Albany, Oregon 97321

Back to Top